Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cairns Inferno

Well, haven't really managed to get out as much as I had hoped during the holidays so with one day to go I resoved to get in a short one and may even try for the same run tomorrow before we head back to Sydney and what wil be some painful Hurts runs, I'm sure.
Weather and holiday have been fantastic although doing a run at 1pm when it is 30C, 55% humidity and with a 30km wind probably wasn't the best idea. I honestly thought I was on fire when I got back to the house - such a different heat compared to Sydney and you do have to bear in mind I am still Scottish.
Legs felt a wee bit stiff for the first 5 minutes of the 6km run to Trinity Beach and back. Started around 4.40's and managed to finish strongly on a 4.05 and a 3.50 for the last two kms. Run stats are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/81104779 - might drop garmin a note to see if they can incorporate a temperature probe on their next model.......
Will try and get a longish (10-14km) run in before the first Hurts session back on Wednesday as I'll need to work off all the chocolate I plan to eat this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment