Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday Humiliation

Managed a very easy 3km run yesterday to celebrate Australia day and spent the morning at the beach with the family - water was great although it was pretty much kid soup at Bronte.

A slightly cooler day today than Monday - only 30C - however 4 x 2km sprint session with Hurts was never going to be easy. Jim came out today fdor his first Hurts appearance and it might be a while before he comes back. Knew he was on a hiding to nothing when he shot off in front of me at the start - I did warn him about 50 meters in that he was going too fast - will he never learn to pace himself! He did manage to finish the first one - only slightly behind me, but dropped out after 400 meters of the second repeat. I did call him late this avo to check he was ok, and he stated "that was the most humiliating 7 1/2 minutes of my life"- I did after check he was still talking about running although I think 7 1/2 minutes might be talking his effort today up a bit. At least he was out there giving it a go - hope to see him for the 14km easy session tomorrow!

Today's run sessions below - still trying to get the hang of the watch hence the two entries
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/65305257
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/65305259

No comments:

Post a Comment