Thursday, December 29, 2011

Final 2011 Festive Update

Merry Christmas etc to you all - possibly the last blog post for 2011 and time to reflect on the goals and results this year. Very happy with PB's in all my goal races this year with the definite highlight being Melbourne Marathon which was not only a personal goal but more importantly a great way to fundraise for Touched By Olivia and happy to have managed to get around $3000 for a very good cause. the other main results were the C2S in 57.48 (1.02 off the previous best time) and the JPM in 21.38 (30 secs off the pb from 2 years ago). Not quite so impressive but still a pb was my 10km time at the Sri Chinmoy Dolls Point of 41.42 (58 secs off). So the obvious goal for 2012 is to get the 10km under 40mins before I turn 40 in October and I might just need to try it early in the new year, if all is well, as my short stuff seems to be ok at the moment and can certainly hold 3.50's for 6kms. I'll also be looking to get at least one Kurnell in (hopefully February if I can convince the wife) and maybe a couple of other sprint and an olympic but I'm not getting too carried away about the tri's again just yet. Been great being part of the Hurts squad, which is the only reason why I have had my best year so far - cracking bunch, hard sessions and most of all an enjoyable way to run.
I've managed to get a couple of swim sessions in over the last week, one run/swim and a ride today. Will hopefully get another run and a couple of swims before getting back to work on Tuesday and the first Hurts session of 2012. So here are the stats for the last few days http://connect.garmin.com/activity/137105423 (run followed by 500m swim) and 26km ride http://connect.garmin.com/activity/137390607.

No comments:

Post a Comment