Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Sunday Long Run

Early morning with the kids excited by the Easter bunny visit and I successfully avoided eating chocolate before I headed out for a longer run. Weather here has been stunning - about 30/31 every day with mostly blue skies and some cloud. Headed out about 7.55 for roughly a 12km run to Trinity Beach and back. Legs and cardio felt fine altough getting a bit of  niggle in my left calf and knee so will have to keep and eye on that a do some stretching. I wouldn't want to run much later in the day up here as it was already pretty warm and could feel the humidity making it feel difficult to get the air into the lungs - just feels like a lot more effort is required to do 4.35 average pace here than in Sydney. Stats for today are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/165747312 and I succumbed to hot cross buns for breakfast but no choclate so far. Might get out for a short one tomorrow and then we are off to Cooktown for a couple of days, so may well try and get in a run up there - would the furthest north I'll have run in Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment