Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Monday and Tuesday Catch up

It's been two stunning days in Sydney so far this week but the forecast for Cairns is looking even better with 31C and sunshine - let's hope it keeps like that for the next 10 days of our hols.
I got out for the Hurts run yesterday and there was a big crowd with Laura, James, Mike Race, Dave among the regulars. MC's hammy is still not 100% so he was off by himself. Hit the front with Laura from the start to keep at 4.40 pace and it all seemed fine until the second half of Farm Cove when a couple of groups began to make about a 20-30m gap. Our average pace dropped to about 4.35 by the time we hit the Park Hyatt and stayed like to the turnaround. Legs felt good and I was only going to come back to Circular Quay so I pushed it a bit from the turnaround to finish all up with 4.29 as the average and just over 49 mins for 11kms. Stats at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/164335225
I headed out again today and it was a huge crowd for the 45min tempo run - I reckon at least 50 people in warm sunny conditions. MC was off on his own again, but Laura, Emma, James, Dave, Tom and Tucks among the ones I recognised. I set the Garmin to aim for 4.10 average pace and felt strong on the way out running with Brendan and James until half way round Farm Cove. Got just passed the Sebel at the 22.5 minute mark and tried to pick up the pace a bit on the way home. Managed to average 4.12 pace and arrived back at the start with 9 secs to spare for the first time ever, so pretty happy and good start to the week. Stats at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/164335214
Thanks to Tom, I have now entered the Sydney 10 in May for my sub 40 min attempt Will need to ensure I keep up the training and watch the food intake in Cairns or I'll have no chance to cracking that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment