Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Garmin Malfunction

Bit of a device problem today - charging fine when I picked it up off the desk and completely unresponsive when I got to the changing rooms. Unfortunately my tech guru Adam was off sick, so not only was I running on my own I didn't have any technical or performance information to hand - how was I going to run? Got to the start point for the long Hurts run and only one guy, Frick (I think), around. Waited for about 5 mins and Mike, Tom and Wildman turned up. Mike and Tom racing on the weekend, 10k Striders and Gold Coast Marathon respectively, so just an easy 10km today. Headed out on normal Monday route and turned at the 5km mark at the overseas passenger terminal - felt strong on the way back and pushed it coming back past the Boy Charlton and Art Gallery for a sub 45 minute finish. A big shout out, as the young kids say, to Wildman who won the City Mile Dash last week in around 4.30 for 1.6kms, with Hurts having 4 of the first 6 runners - a sensational effort. Aiming for the Hickson Road 1.2km sprints tomorrow and will have thr stats back as I know you all missed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment