Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Italian Swimming and Lunch Run

A very fresh start to the the day when I took my Italian brother-in-law, Paulo, down to clovelly for an early morning swim. Water temp was "bracing"to put it nicely and it didn't help that I was in speedos, although the ladies doing their early morning runs seemed to be quite happy with my attire. I managed to do one in an out and Paulo managed about 75 meters before escaping up the first set of steps complaining about the cold water - this is from a guy who lives in Melbourne! Fair play to "el lad" as he doesn't like ocean swimming although for a minute I thought he had drowned and panic was almost setting in before I saw his bobbing around. He has requested another swim on Friday, so willl see how we go. I missed the Hurts session today as I forgot the set started at 12.10 so just headed out on my own for 5kms around farm cove - legs had nothing after yesterday's session so a very easy 4.45km pace and the stats are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/131837058. Looking forward to first ABC biathlon in about 7 years with Wayne tomorrow night and hope I can do about 20 minutes for 4km run and 300m swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment