Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Hurts

Didn't let my badly grazed leg stop me from running today - lesser men would have succumbed to the injury, plus I wanted to be asked how I got what looks like 5 claw marks. Had a story about the neighbour's rottweiler ready and apart from Brendan, not a single query - so hurtful that they don't care! A great result for Tucks and Rob on the weekend at some ridiculous half marathon in the blue mountains resulting in neither of them being able to make the run today. Seemingly you run 10kms down a hill and 10kms back up with a fall/rise of 800m. Tucks broke the course record by 5 mins and Rob came in the top 10.
My effort today pales in comparison but happy to say I started at the front and although I only went back as far as the opera house I stayed out front the whole way - nothing too fast today averaging 4.37 pace for the 12kms. Passed Dat and Mike around Farm Cove and unfortunately touched Dat's bare shoulder on the way through which was quite disturbing and sweaty. Anyway, stats for today are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/130067813 and about 13kms in total today so a good start to the week. Started feeling very raspy in the throat with a raw back of the nose about 4.30 so off to hit a hot toddy to see if I can nip something in the bud. All day workshop tomorrow so hoping to get to the long run on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment