Monday, February 20, 2012

Return from Man Cold

After my ride last Tuesday morning, http://connect.garmin.com/activity/149462814, I came down with a pretty bad man cold which saw two days off work followed by another couple taking it easy to really shake it off. Managed a 1km swim at Clovelly yesterday morning and got out for the hurts run today for the first one in a week. Thought I would feel a lot stronger than I did to be honest, by about 8/9 kms I was feeling as though my legs were made of lead and just weak in the body. Was hoping to get to the opera house for 13kms, but pulled out at 11kms at the bottome of Circular Quay. Stats for today are at
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/151094950 and I won't be out for the speed stuff tomorrow, but aiming for a long one on Wed and speed on Thurs.
On a good note, I will hopefully get the bike back in the next couple of days and get a few rides in before Kurnell a week on Sunday.
On a bad note, the father of a girl in Mackenzie's class at school passed away on the weekend afer a year long battle with cancer. Two young daughters of 8 and 6 and it just brings the fragility of life quite close to home and makes you appreciate family and good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment