Friday, February 24, 2012

Swimming Lesson

Got to the Hurts Fridau swim session and was promptly reminded that I hadn't done a squad session in about 5 years. 500m easy warm up in the fast lane should have been a clue but I didn't appear to get the message that I was swimming with big boys until I attempted to hang on for dear life in the 300m leg of the 100m, 200m 300m 400m 400m 300m 200m 100m on a 1.50min repeat. Just goes to show that you need to train with other people to get any better as all my Clovelly swimming was fine for the fitness but I couldn't stick with the pace. A great session though and will certainly keep that on the weekly calendar now. So all up about 1.5kms of swimming with a 2km run either side to get to and from the pool. Aiming for a ride on Sunday or Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment