Monday, March 5, 2012

Kurnell and Monday Run

Well after 6 years absence from the Kurnell sprint triathlon's I made a return to racing yesterday morning. While I didn't break the 70 minute barrier (overestimated my swimming and cycling ability and training) I certainly didn't disgrace myself. I was 17th overall in my age category (35-39 and 106 entrants) with a total of 71.23 and very happpy with splits of 13.50, 36.56 and 20.36 all including transition times. My full results are at http://www.multisportaustralia.com.au/RaceTecResults/MyResults.aspx?CId=1&RId=627&EId=1&AId=614. Thankfully the weather cleared up from the rain over the past 4 days so that we got a dry race although we could have done with a little less rain on the cycle course. That was the last one of the series and I'll be in the 40-45 category if I'm around for next year's series - if I did the same time I would have been 5 minutes off the best age group time.
I backed up with the Hurts monday run, but have left my garmin in the office. Big crowd today, and so much for MC's 4.40 recovery run pace, with Adam making his first Monday run of the year mind you it is his birthday today. He dropped off at Shelly Street and we were clocking an average pace on 4.33 - not what I needed after yesterday. I held on to Circular Quay and I think the watch had avergae pace at 4.25. Jim passed at the Hyatt but couldn't reply to his shout. All up I think about 49 mins for just over 11kms and I'll get the stats loaded tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment