Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Perth 10kms

What a stunning morning in Perth after a long day yesterday. Made slightly more exciting by a bomb scare about a 100m from my hotel which locked down the CBD at rush hour. What would have been a 10 minute walk from office to hotel took about 45mins. Managed to get myself out just after 6am and did 10kms along the banks of the swan river. Made a rookie mistake by heading west first and enjoyed a nice easy run at 4.30 pace, however when I turned at the 5km mark I was straight into a headwind. If I'm back in Perth, I'll be heading east first and enjoying the wind at my back on he way home! Still pretty happy with my run stats, which are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/69578261, average movng pace of 4.37 is reasonable for a lone run, going out in 24.50 and back in 23.50.
Hoping to get out for part of the long Hurts run tomorrow as I have a 2pm meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment