Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sweaty

What a weekend - we got to 41.2C yesterday and it was awful. Took the kids to Bondi in the morning and it was bliss - water is about 24C and at 8.30 it was already 28C. Did a 500m swim and then a 500m run back along the beach and that was all I could manage. No air con meant the avo was spent in the shopping centre or just lying around the house.
Managed to drag myself out of bed for a ride after another night where the mossies feasted on me and the temp only dropped to 26C. Cool change due in at lunchtime - it's about the only topic of conversation at the moment.
Did a quick 5 laps of Centennial this morning as part of my BRW training - ride stats are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/66772677 and glad to see that I can maintain the pace above 30km/hour depsite my lack of bike training. Lap 6 was my warm down and still managed to be faster than the first lap.
Saw Tom from Hurts managed to come in 5th or 6th on the Dee Why to Manly SMH run yesterday - well done Tom. You can check out his blog from my links.
Looking forward to a lon run tomorrow lunchtime in more normal temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment