Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday Fartlek

Well I've done my first Hurts Mona Fartlek after about 12 months of running with the group and to be honest I don't really care if I never do one again! The set is only 20 minutes long but you get through close to 5 kms, which when half the set is a float, gives some indication of the pace and pain. Set is basically 4 x 90 secs, 8 x 60 secs and 8 x 30 secs. Starting on a hard run you alternate between hard and easy for the set and turn at 10 minutes. The route is around Farm Cove and Mrs Macquaries, so not exactly flat either. Anyway, decent crowd out today including, Ray,Tom, Brendan and Wildman. Stats are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/83554839. Decided to run back via the Rocks and Hickson Road with Brendan who wanted to do the last km at half marathon pace of around 4.15 - just what I needed so you can view the stats for that run at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/83554830.
So all up about 9 kms today and hoping to get 10kms in tomorrow on part of the half route just to get a feel for the course.
New Brooks Glycerin 8 are doing well - right heel is feeling good but getting some pain in my left hip and ankle which I suspect is just the body settling in to running in neutral shoes after 5/6 years in shoes designed for over-pronation.

No comments:

Post a Comment