Monday, October 24, 2011

Saturday Ride and Monday Run

Delayed blog entry for Saturday ride and by now you would think I could work out how to use the Garmin for cycling but apparently not. It's not that complicated really, you change the setting from running to cycling, press the start button when you head off on your ride and press the stop button when you finish. I managed to forget to turn it on again on Saturday until I was about 8-10 kms into the ride and then nothing uploads when I hook up to the Garmin site, so you'll just need to take my word for it that I did 30kms on Saturday morning.
I wasn't going to run today as I planned to do the Hurts speed sessions on Tuesday and Thursday sandwiching the last corp cup of the year. However the thought of an easy run around Glebe with Adam and Simmo was too tempting and I wanted to get out of the office. Roasting in Sydney today with the temp forecast for 32 but sitting around 29 when we headed out - still far to early to be acclimatised to those temps so was a very sweaty run. Average pace was around 5mins/km and Simmo had to drop out about 6kms in with a dodgy calf. Run stats are at http://connect.garmin.com/dashboard?cid=2230469

No comments:

Post a Comment