Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy and disappointed

Got out for the new tempo session today and a big turnout - seems the resolution thing is in full swing. Must have been about 40 people which made for aquite an impressive sight as we headed off around the Domain. So 45 minutes in total at 15 secs slower than 10km race pace - 22.5 mins out and turn and come back to start point if you have done the set properly. I set the watch to do 4.30 pace reckingin on a 4.15 pace for 10kms but big Charlie wasn't happy and said so as he passed me, so aimed for 4.15 pace and managed to hold that as an average for the set. Very happy that I managed 10.6kms in 45 minutes and that I got back to the start on 45.02. Disappointed that I started off too fast and didn't manage to keep a consistent pace all the way. Stats are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/140493699. On the other hand, a sub 40 min 10 km is achievable on a flat course. Not sure if I'll do the ong run tomorrow or head out for an early morning swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment