Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gate to Gate PB

Out for the 8 x gate to gate today with a pretty small crowd - suspect a few folk are taking it easy after the running festival. MC, Emma and Dave Casey were among the regular faces in a crowd of perhaps 12. Beautiful day for it although Farm Cove was a wee bit busy. Wasn't sure how I was going to back up after yesterday's CC effort but very happy to have started off faster that usual with a 3.48 and managed to bring it down a bit and hold 3.16 (3.36 pace) for repeats 5-7 and then finish with a new pb of 3.07 (3.26 pace). Possibly my first time breaking 3.30 pace - while I'm chuffed I just have to remind myself that this is still slower than Tom's marathon pace!
Stats for today are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/224832718 and supposed to be going for a ride in the morning although no text from Nick as yet so might not be on. Won't be out tomorrow as I have a lunch on but might try and sneak one in on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment