Monday, March 14, 2011

Congrats

Just wanted to start with a big congrats to all the Hurts folk who ran Six Foot Track on Saturday - a special mention for Tom who came in 9th overall with a pb of 3 hours 49 minutes for 46km.

First run since last Monday and glad to say that physio and chiropractor visits last Thursday seem to have done the trick. Been on the Voltaren for a couple of days as it appears I have inflammation in the fatty pad in my heel. Also using a heel lift and gel pad in my right runner and so I decided just to do half the session today round to Shelly Street. Not a bad turn out with Mike back from leave, Wildman and Laura among others. First km felt a bit strange but legs felt strong and fresh so just went with it and ended up out front with Wildman from the Hyatt to the end of Hickson Road. No pain in heel afterwards and very happy with 4.29 average pace - a couple of sub 4.20's in there as well. Taking it easy this week, with more physio on Thursday, so aiming for a swim tomorrow as I start my BRW training and corp cup on Wednesday. Run stats for today are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/72983617

No comments:

Post a Comment