Saturday, May 5, 2012

I've Done It

My bogey distance has finally been overcome with a pb at the Sydney 10 this morning of 39.11, taking exactly 2.30 minutes off my previous pb set in August last year. Was a perfect morning for a run with blue skies and sunshine and I was surprised by the number of people turning up. Some godd performances from the Hurts contingent of Dave Kane, Timmy, Laura, J-Fen alas Lord Tom was unable to race due to a cold, although he still turned up to support the folks. Met up with an old Brats/Spottidog training buddy, Ronan, this morning which was excellent.
So on to the race and probably went off a bit hard for the 1st km looking at the stats (which I've edited as I forgot to stop the watch) and managed to pull it back a little to keep to the plan to do around 20mins for the first 5kms (19.45) and then try and bring it down to 3.50ish pace for the last 5kms. Kms 5-9 were around 3.52 pace an last one was a 3.45 so pretty happy. I also noticed that I only got passed by one person in the second 5kms and that was at 8.5kms and he managed to get about 10m on me before the finish - which for me is the sign of good pacing. Might have broken 39 had I not eating a shed load of cheese and ferrer roche at dinner last night and got into bed before midnight! Always a target for my next 10kms and we'll see how the SMH half pans out in two weeks. Off to Perth this afternoon, for 4 days, so will miss out on reliving the race with the Hurts squad tomorrow - they'll have that to look forward to on Thursday or Friday. Stats for today are at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/175113669

2 comments:

  1. Great run mate, more PB's to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Craig. 87 for the half looks doable on that form.

    ReplyDelete